Do you remember the old Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Driver? I think you will find quite a lot of changes in the new Great Big Bertha Driver! Check out the details below.
Callaway Golf has just announced the new Great Big Bertha Driver and Fairway Woods. They have also announced the new Big Bertha Alpha 816 Double Black Diamond Driver and Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fairway Woods for better players, but in this post I will discuss only the Great Big Bertha product family.
There are couple of technology solutions that we can also find in Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver (e.g. R*MOTO Face Technology, OptiFit Technology: 8 different configurations to tune loft, lie, and face angle) and Big Bertha V Series (e.g. OptiFit Technology) andCallaway Golf XR product family.
So what is new in Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha driver?
- optimized multi-material chassis to generate more clubhead speed through aerodynamics and a wide range of weight classes to suit every swing type (from 295 to 325g).
- R*MOTO technology 2.0 that provides the structure for a thinner face which leads to high ball speeds on center and off-center hits.
- Adjustable Perimeter Weighting on the perimeter of the head for ball flight and dispersion control with exceptional forgiveness. There is a 10g sliding weight on the perimeter of the clubhead to add stability.
- 19 premium shaft options (e.g. MRC Bassara, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 50,Fujikura Evolution 665 Tour Spec, Mitsubishi Diamana+White) without up-charge costs.
Available Lofts are: 9*, 10.5*, 13.5*. The official price will be $449.99 (cheaper than Big Bertha Alpha 815 driver, Callaway Golf XR driver was $349 last year). Product at Retail Date: 8/28/2015
In case of Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Fairway Woods, we can find also some technology solutions that appears also in the above mentioned Callaway Golf XR fairway woods. Namely, Forged Hyper Speed Face Cup, OptiFit Technology.
These are the new features of Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Fairway Woods:
- the head is larger than typical Callaway Golf fairway wood;
- Warbird Soleplate which makes the club easy to hit from a variety of lies with a mid-launching trajectory.
- Special Heavenwood (20.5* loft, 43” shaft) and Divine Nine Options (24*, 42” shaft);
- OptiFit Adjustability is not available in 7W and Divine 9;
- Available Clubs: 3-wood (15.5* stock), 5-wood (18* stock), 7-wood (21*), Heavenwood (20.5* stock), Divine 9 (24*)
The official price will be $249.99. This is slightly more expensive than the Callaway Golf XR Fairway Wood. Callaway Golf Great Big Bertha Fairway Woods will be available fromAugust 28.