Do you enjoy the new line of Scotty Cameron Futura putters that was launched in March 2017? The new Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M extends the popular Futura line with a model designed for players seeking a smaller mallet with additional toe flow and forgiveness.
The Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M offers a new mallet option featuring the alignment and high-MOI characteristics of the Futura line coupled with a neck configuration that promotes a flowing, arced putting stroke more commonly associated with blade style putters.
These are the new features and elements in the new Scotty Cameron Future 5.5M putters:
- The compact mallet – about 10 percent smaller than the similarly-shaped Futura 7M – is designed for easy alignment with built-in toe flow.
- Shorter single bend shaft configuration for additional toe hang, promoting an arced path and flowing putting stroke.
- Multi-material technology – featuring wrap-around face-sole construction milled from lightweight 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, integrated with precision-milled 303 stainless steel – moves weight back and to the perimeter, allowing for a larger putter head with enhanced high-MOI performance (resistance to twisting during the stroke).
- Tour-proven heel-and-toe sole weighting technology increases stability and forgiveness.
- Mid-milled face with vibration dampening technology offers soft feel with 3.5 degrees of loft to deliver optimum roll characteristics
Cameron said, “now we have a mallet with more toe flow for players who like that arcing feel in their stroke, but want more forgiveness.”
The Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M is available in North American golf shops beginning August 25 (September 22 worldwide). Price: MAP $379 | MSRP $410.