The venue will undergo a complete transformation of its health and fitness area to create the newly styled venue. The fitness suite and studios expected to be complete by August 2016, and the full redevelopment to be accomplished and open for use in early 2017.
The star features of the development are the brand new 25-metre indoor pool and expansive spa facilities, both of which will revolutionise the club.
A larger fitness suite with over 60 pieces of equipment, 3 aerobics studios including a spin studio, new changing facilities, larger on-site shop, new entrance lobby and reception, and an extended café bar and grill are among the highlights of the investment plan that both members and visitors will be able to utilise fully the following completion.
Birchwood Park General Manager, Melanie Drake said: “Emphasis is now on golf, fitness and wellbeing, so we wanted to use the investment to further promote healthy living to the local community.” She also said that their aim is to create a premium facility to be embraced by all.
However, they did not tell:
- How they intend to attract women and families?
- How will they facilitate community life and human relations among guests?
- Will they relax the dress code?
- Will they invest in the club’s golf course to have better golf experience?
- Will the new golf course and the clubhouse become mobile friendly?
- How will they cater Millennials (19-34-year-old group)? Can their restaurant meet their expectations (e.g. dining out)? Do they know how this generation is buying? Can they imagine a gamified golf course where after a birdie or eagle you get something?