We all know how social proofs are important to convince the empowered customers to buy our services and products. I believe in those social proofs that can be easily converted to measurable behavior, conversions, revenue, loyalty, and advocacy for your golf resort/club (e.g. testimonials with photos).
In the last couple of years, The Belfry Hotel & Resort has collected several accolades among them:
- Just in 2017, 4 times at the World Golf Awards: England’s Leading Conference Hotel, England’s Leading Resort, Europe’s Best Hotel, and England’s Best Golf Course.
- The Belfry Hotel & Resorts was successful at the 59Club Awards in the past as well for their outstanding customer service.
2018 is the 12th year of The Caterer’s Hotel Cateys Awards. It is considered as the hotel industry’s only truly independent benchmark of operational excellence across a variety of roles and departments.
Since their launch in 2007, the Hotel Cateys have celebrated the most successful hotels, hoteliers and hotel employees across the UK.
Executive Head Chef Robert Bates (see picture above) was one of four individuals that have been shortlisted in the ‘Hotel Chef of the Year (more than 250 covers)’ category. He joined The Belfry Hotel & Resort in December 2013.
On the photo below you can see a duck with pistachio and cherries. The winners will be announced on the 23rd November at an awards ceremony in London.
If Robert Bates wins then he will be the second person from the British golf industry. In 2017, Amelia Lawrence, the Grove, Chandler’s Cross, Hertfordshire won the ‘Housekeeper of the Year’.
I’ve got a feeling that this award will impress mainly the trade and who are working in a similar profession. To impress guests and members I would participate in the Estrella Damm National Restaurant Awards (as well).
The Estrella Damm National Restaurant Awards are the largest annual gathering of top chefs and restaurateurs in the UK.
Employee advocacy & The Belfry Hotel & Resort
I strongly recommend utilizing employee advocacy to promote the services of a golf club/resort, in this case, The Belfry Hotel & Resort.
By motivating your employees to share content around the office, golf course, clubhouse can significantly improve your reach, but your reputation as well.
Other benefits or employee advocacy are:
- Increased reach in social media.
- Improve company culture & retention.
- Utilize the power of word of mouth: According to the study of Google + Ogilvy + TNS: word of mouth is the most powerful factor when it comes to consumers’ relationships with brands,
- I found a study that said: employees are connected to 10x more people than your brand and companies with engaged employees outperform those without by up to 202%.
- It can help build employee ownership of the organization as well.