Today we are not surprised to see golfers with rangefinders, smartwatches or even smart trolleys (PowaKaddy GPS trolley fleet at Valderrama).
I can see 3 global trends that can underpin/support this phenomenon:
- Golfers like other consumers are seeking frictionless experiences that are in line with their lifestyles. Consumers are looking for ways to simplify their lives.
- The demand for immediacy: ‘I want it NOW!’
- The ‘I Can Look After Myself‘ attitude says we/consumers/golfers can care for ourselves successfully if we have the right equipment to do so.
Today, smart technology is empowering even golfers to collect and interpret real-time data about their game (=golf) for a more professional approach to measure performance.
This is not simply about performance measurement, but also about to gauge our progression.
Here are some examples:
- Rangefinders: Bushnell Tour V4, Nikon COOLSHOT PRO, Tec Tec Tec VPRO500, etc.
- Smart golf watches like Hole19, Garmin Approach S40, TomTom Golfer 2, Golf Buddy WTX, iPING app, Bushnell Excel, etc.
- Wearables: Arccos Golf, Ojee Golf, Zepp Golf, etc.
- Trolleys: PowaKaddy 2019 C2i GPS, Motocaddy S1, Stewart Golf X9 Follow, etc.
- Golf cars: Club Car & Visage system, E-Z-GO RXV golf cars, etc.
- Toptracer Range
- Live scoring solutions: Golf GameBook, Golf Genius, etc.
PowaKaddy GPS Rental fleet at Real Club Valderrama
For the above-mentioned reasons, it was a good idea of Real Club Valderrama to enhance their members’ and guests’ lives with PowaKaddy GPS trolleys.
I have just realized that the 2019 PowaKaddy Rental GPS trolley is the world’s first electric rental trolley with GPS capability.
The 2019 GPS Rental trolley also incorporates PowaKaddy’s 36-hole Lithium battery, which is the thinnest and most powerful design on the market.
Now it is available for fleet purchase by club professionals in the UK and Europe.