Unlike Callaway Golf Rogue driver and TaylorMade M3 driver where the focus was the forgiveness, the developers of the new Titleist TS driver wanted to increase and improve the speed of the Titleist driver.
This is why they gave to this 2-year project the “Titleist Speed Project” name. You will see below that the designers of the new Titleist TS driver were more daring thus the outlook is more modern.
The TS stands for Titleist Speed. We just have to wait 8 more days to be able to enjoy the new Titleist TS drivers (Sept. 28.): MAP $499.
4 innovations in the new Titleist TS drivers – the new Titleist Speed Chassis
- Ultra-Thin Titanium Crown. The thinnest cast titanium crown in the game (20 percent thinner than the Titleist 917 drivers) allows the weight to be shifted lower and deeper.
- Thinner, Faster Face. The fastest face Titleist has ever made – a refined Radial VFT (variable face thickness) that reduces weight by up to six grams – delivers faster ball speeds and increased forgiveness. The TS face is so thin that the score lines must be lasered on (instead of etched into the face like prior generations).
- New Streamlined Shape. Enhanced aerodynamic shaping reduces drag, allowing golfers to swing faster, increasing club head speed for more distance.
- Optimized Weight Distribution. Refined crown and variable face thicknesses create the lowest CG ever in a Titleist driver for higher launch and lower spin. The resulting MOI is up to 12 percent higher than Titleist 917 driver, creating a powerful combination of speed and stability.
The new Titleist TS2 lets golfers swing aggressively with maximum forgiveness across the face, while Titleist TS3 offers speed-tuned distance with dynamic forgiveness through SureFit CG.
Titleist TS2 driver
- Explosive distance across the face and maximum forgiveness
- Adjustable Swingweight, Fixed CG Location (in the TaylorMade M3 driver the golfer can change the location of the CG)
- High Launch, Low Spin
- Modern Shape, 460cc
- Available in 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5°, 11.5° lofts
Titleist TS3 driver – specialized speed
- Speed-tuned distance and dynamic forgiveness.
- Adjustable Swingweight & SureFit CG
- Mid Launch, Low Spin
- Traditional Shape, 460cc
- Available in 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5° lofts
The Titleist TS drivers stock shaft lineup features 4 new aftermarket models:
- KURO KAGE Black Dual Core 50 (High launch and moderate spin),
- TENSEI AV Series Blue 55 (Mid launch and spin),
- HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 (Low/mid launch and spin) and
- Even Flow T1100 White 65 (Low launch and spin).
Moderate swing speed players will benefit from Mitsubishi’s new Straight Flight Weighting (SFW) technology, which promotes straight flight in lightweight driver shaft options (KURO KAGE Black Dual Core 50 and TENSEI AV Series Blue 55).