In September 2018, when Titleist launched its Titleist TS2 & TS3 drivers we were able to find 4 innovations:
- Ultra-Thin Titanium Crown;
- A refined Radial VFT (variable face thickness) that reduces weight by up to 6 grams;
- New Streamlined Shape;
- Optimized Weight Distribution.
Josh Talge, Vice President of Marketing, Titleist Golf Clubs said:
While we know most golfers find their best fit in a TS2 or TS3 driver, there is a percentage of players out there with distinct performance needs, such as aggressive spin reduction… If you want to hit it longer but are having trouble controlling spin off the tee, TS4 was made for you.
Titleist TS4 driver vs TS2 & TS3
I found the following changes in the new Titleist TS4 driver. You’re welcome to add you findings in the comment box below.
- The aerodynamic design of Titleist TS4 driver – featuring a 430cc classic, pear shape – reduces drag, allowing golfers to swing faster for increased clubhead speed and more distance.
- The low and forward CG position (5mm forward vs. Titleist TS2 driver) – highlighted by the placement of the SureFit Flatweight– produces ultra-low spin for a piercing ball flight that is straighter and more consistent.
- Titleist’s patented SureFit Hosel, featuring 16 independent loft and lie settings, allows for additional ball flight optimization through a precision fitting.
Just like in case of Titleist TS2 and TS3 drivers, you will be able to choose for your new Titleist TS4 driver the same four aftermarket shaft models:
- Even Flow T1100 White 65 (Low launch and spin),
- HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 (Low/mid launch and spin),
- TENSEI AV Series Blue 55 (Mid launch and spin) and
- KURO KAGE Black Dual Core 50 (High launch and moderate spin).
Here you can test the new Titleist TS4 drivers.
Titleist TS4 drivers will be available in golf shops and fitting locations beginning in late June.
Available in 8.5, 9.5 (RH & LH) and 10.5 lofts. MAP $499.