The new ultra-lightweight Titleist TS1 drivers will be available in fitting locations June 20 and in golf shops June 27. Available lofts: 9.5 (RH), 10.5 (RH/LH), 12.5 (RH). MAP $499.
The new Titleist TS1 driver offers the technologies developed through the Titleist Speed Project in an incredibly light 275-gram design.
The weighting of Titleist TS1 driver has been strategically trimmed to maximize launch and distance at moderate swing speeds while maintaining the precision fitting capabilities of Titleist’s SureFit Hosel and a high MOI for stability and forgiveness.
Titleist TS1 driver – technology & performance
- Ultra-Thin Titanium Crown. The thinnest cast titanium crown in the game allows weight to be redistributed for optimal performance at moderate swing speeds.
- Thinner, Faster Face. The fastest face Titleist has ever made, a refined Radial VFT (variable face thickness), increases ball speed and forgiveness. Every TS driver face undergoes a 100% CT inspection to ensure speed performance is at the maximum allowable limit.
- Streamlined Shape. The aerodynamic design reduces drag, allowing golfers to swing even faster for increased clubhead speed and more distance.
- Optimized Weight Distribution. TS1’s deep CG location has been optimized to generate the launch and spin needed by moderate speed players to carry the ball farther while maximizing off-center ball speed through high MOI properties (similar to TS3).
- Industry-leading adjustability. Titleist’s patented SureFit Hosel, featuring 16 independent loft and lie settings, provides additional ball flight optimization through precision fitting. TS1’s SureFit Weight allows for head weight adjustability (from -4g to +6g in 2g increments).
Titleist TS1 Driver – configuration
- The 275-gram overall weight (shaft dependent) – an incredible 45 grams lighter than the TS2 model, with an 8-gram lighter head weight – generates faster clubhead speeds.
- Ultra-lightweight stock shafts – Fujikura Air Speeder and MCA Fubuki MV (Max Velocity) – weigh in at 40 and 45 grams (L flex: 35 and 39 grams), respectively, delivering high launch for effortless distance.
- An extremely light 32-gram Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Lite grip is 20 grams lighter than the standard model. (Undersize model is 26 grams, 18 grams lighter than standard undersize).
- The TS1 stock club length is 45.75 inches (Ladies: 44.5 inches).
Stephanie Luttrell, Director, Metalwoods Development, Titleist Golf Club R&D said:
TS1 is designed for golfers who have a driver swing speed of approximately 85 mph and below, and are averaging about 220 yards or less off the tee…