It is part of a US$4 billion mega-resort. This integrated resort complex will have:
- 5-star clubhouse and state-of-the-art practice facilities,
- luxury residences,
- a high profile country club,
- Hoiana Shores Golf Club: scheduled to open in 2019,
- Entertainment and retail facilities which consist of the casino with a total of 140 gaming tables and 1,000 slot machines;
- a mass market hotel with 313 hotel rooms, an all-suite hotel with 136 suites (comprising 141 bedrooms), a hotel villa resort with 70 units (comprising 74 bedrooms), 30 villa units (comprising 68 bedrooms) for sale and timeshare rental, and a condo-hotel with 236 rooms (comprising 408 bedrooms) for sale and timeshare rental..
Just to have a feeling of the size of this resort. It will span over on a site of approximately 985.5 hectares. The developers are expecting to become one of Asia’s most pre-eminent golf and leisure destinations.
Hoiana Shores Golf Club & Robert Trent Jones II
The developers selected Robert Trent Jones II to design the golf course of the Hoiana Shores Golf Club.
RTJ II was selected as the golf course design firm following a comprehensive tender process. I am surprised that not IMG Golf Course Design has been selected to design and build this new golf course. IMG has already built 12 golf courses in Vietnam (e.g. Ba Na Hills Golf Club, Montgomerie Links, Danang).
I know it is a little bit off topic, but I must highlight FLC Group‘s ambitious plans to build 20 new golf courses between 2016 and 2021. The value of this golf course development project is USD1 billion.
As we can see the Vietnamese golf industry is growing and becoming (if not already it is) a true challenger of the Thai golf industry.
The Hoiana Shores Golf Club project is expected to employ in excess of 350 golf and hospitality professionals, the majority of those being sourced from Vietnam’s first ever Golf Operations and Maintenance College on-site at Hoiana.
The Hoiana Shores Golf Club scheduled to open in mid-2019.