How many of you have concrete golf holiday plans and ideas for this summer? Are you planning a golfing holiday with the kids or even with grandparents? Yes, with kids!
I can ensure you here right at the beginning that it is not a mission impossible to find a golfing holiday destination in Portugal or in Spain where you can find programs and offers for kids and families.
I see more and more families are taking children abroad at an even younger age to be immersed in new cultures.
This phenomenon was recently confirmed by the 2019 Virtuoso Luxe Report as well. The very same report claims that multigenerational travel is this year’s top vacation trend.
Another study says that UK families took two multi-generational holidays in the last 3 years.
I can see that golf resorts are starting to understand that they need to offer services and programs for the whole family.
In the following, I will show you 16 golf resorts and hotels where you can have a superb golfing holiday for sure in Portugal and Spain with the kids and your family.
Spain – golfing holiday destination for families as well
- La Reserva Club, Sotogrande – their sandy pool is Europe’s first full sandy pool with a beautifully designed area and sunbeds, to give an authentic seaside feel. The 3,000 square meter sandy pool includes 500 square meters of water and beach dedicate to children.
- Lumine Mediterránea Beach & Golf Club – they offer junior golf school for kids. (see: https://www.lumine.com/en/junior-school/)
- PGA Catalunya Resort – their Golf Academy offers classes on Saturdays for different age ranges (3-18), with children’s Tennis Camp on Thursdays and at the weekend. Kids can also join in the activities at Nico’s Club, while teens are welcome to hang out at our Juniors’ Lounge. They also offer a family adventure park, called Forest Park.
- La Manga Club – their Junior Club offers cookery classes, artistic workshops, games room, adventures in our water fountains… A whole world for kids, at La Manga Club, where educators and monitors offer a complete program adapted for babies from three months old to children of up to 13 years old.
- Chaparral Golf Club – this month they are holding a Summer Golf Camp 2019 thanks to the past successes. Every week from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 2 pm they organize plenty of activities related to golf and much more. The golf program is completed by activities such as multisport, team games, water activities, etc.
- Las Colinas Golf Resort Kids Club
- Oliva Nova Beach & Golf Resort – kids can participate in Sailors Academy & eco-workshops & Stars Day (learn about stars) & Magic&Math & Oli Holi Party & many more.
Portugal – golfing holiday destination for families as well
- Vale do Lobo – they provide family entertainment services to their guests. Plus, juniors cost €1 to play with one adult and have the Summer Junior Golf Academy.
- Dom Pedro Golf in Vilamoura – juniors are free with one adult in summer and also have the Juniors Summer Golf Academy + they have junior golf competitions.
- Amendoeira Golf Resort – they organize for many years, World Kids Golf competition in July.
- Pestana Blue Alvor Beach & Golf – it is a brand new premium all-inclusive hotel. They have got a Kids’ Club with fun activities and responsible monitors.
- NAU Morgado Golf Hotel – their offer to kids includes macaw or reptile shows, entertainment in the swimming pools, indoor and outdoor games supervised by specialized monitors, games and TV rooms, painting, arts and crafts, treasure hunts, cinema and magic sessions, almost infinite green zones.
- Dom Pedro Vilamoura Hotel Resort – is offering kids club, playground, separate swimming pool, children’s menu, highchairs, mini football on the pitch, and babysitting service (on request).
- Vila Galé Ampalius – Children aged up to 12 staying in their parents’ rooms are not charged for accommodation and meals.
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa – is offering babysitting service, childcare center, children’s activities, day camp on site, and playground.
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort – offers a 2000m² of our Kangaroo Club offers children an array of entertainment while being securely enclosed and fully supervised by specialized staff. With approximately 1750m² of open space, where children will be able to roam freely and have unlimited fun, providing the perfect ingredients for an unforgettable holiday.
I hope my two lists will be useful for selecting the right golfing holiday destination where you can have a pleasant stay with your family.
Don’t forget at home your 50+ sun milk! 😉
These are my favorite 4 golf resorts:
This article is brought to you by Tee Times Golf Agency.